TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions of First Choice Wedding Cars
COVID - 19 UPDATE
With regards to the Coronavirus pandemic, please see information below which we hope will be helpful to you if you have made a booking via First Choice Wedding Cars or intend to do so in the near future:
- Your contract for the booking is/will be with the private owner/operator of the vehicle(s).
- You should make contact with the owner/operator to discuss any aspect of your booking including amendments, postponements, cancellations or any other issues that may arise.
- You may have already had contact with the owner/operator but if not, their information can be found on the confirmation email we sent to you at the time of booking. (unless you have booked direct with the owner).
- Your confirmation email will have the heading 'Wedding Transport Payment Receipt'. (unless you have booked direct with the owner).
Please be advised that First Choice Wedding Cars are unable to refund any payments under any circumstances. Discussions with regards to payments will need to be discussed directly between the customer and private vehicle owner and any potential refunds are solely at the discretion of the private owner.
* If you are now making a booking from April 2021 onwards you do so in the full knowledge that we are still in a global pandemic and government guidelines can change at anytime with regards to gatherings, events and socialising. Private vehicle owners may at their own discretion amend a booking to a new date. First Choice Wedding Cars are unable to offer refunds under any circumstances and any discussions with regards to this must be made with the private owner with whom you are/will be contracted.
Glossary of terms:
Customer - person(s) responsible for booking/paying for a vehicle and/or persons travelling in a vehicle on the day of the said event.
First choice - First Choice Wedding Cars Ltd.
Vehicle owner - the independent / private owner / operator of any vehicle booked.
FIRST CHOICE WEDDING CARS LTD SPECIALISE IN THE ADVERTISING, MARKETING AND BOOKING OF WEDDING AND EVENT TRANSPORT. THE VEHICLES ON THIS WEBSITE ARE OWNED BY INDEPENDENT VEHICLE OWNERS WHO ARE CONTRACTUALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TRANSPORT SERVICE AS PROVIDED ON YOUR WEDDING/EVENT DAY.
WHEN BOOKING AND MAKING A PAYMENT TO FIRST CHOICE WEDDING CARS FOR ANY VEHICLE(S) WHETHER IT BE A LAST MINUTE BOOKING OR MONTHS/YEARS IN ADVANCE YOU THE CUSTOMER UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT FIRST CHOICE WEDDING CARS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY REFUND PAYMENTS SHOULD YOU WEDDING PLANS BE AFFECTED IN ANY WAY DUE TO ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, THIS IS INCLUSIVE OF THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC. DISCUSSIONS WITH REGARDS TO AMENDMENTS/CANCELLATIONS/POSTPONEMENTS HAVE TO BE WITH THE PRIVATE VEHICLE OWNER/OPERATOR WITH WHOM YOU WILL BE CONTRACTED TO.
FIRST CHOICE WEDDING CARS ACTS ON BEHALF OF THE INDEPENDENT PRIVATE VEHICLE OWNERS / OPERATORS. ONCE YOUR DEPOSIT OR FULL PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECIEVED AND THE BOOKING SECURED THEN A CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN THE CUSTOMER AND THE PRIVATE VEHICLE OWNER. THERE SHALL BE NO CONTRACT IN PLACE UNTIL THE DEPOSIT OR FULL PAYMENT HAS BEEN PAID. THE OWNER WILL HAVE RECIEVED THEIR DEPOSIT/FULL PAYMENT MINUS ANY COMMISSION/ADMIN FEE PAID TO FIRST CHOICE WEDDING CARS AND WILL ALSO BE IN RECIEPT OF THE BOOKING FORM SUBMITTED BY THE CUSTOMER.
OUR COMMISION FEE/ADMINISTRATION FEE IS A FEE FOR ARRANGING BOOKINGS AND IS TAKEN FROM THE VEHICLE OWNERS TOTAL PRICE WHICH IS GIVEN TO CUSTOMERS AS A QUOTATION. FIRST CHOICE WEDDING CARS HAVE A CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT WITH ALL PRIVATE OWNERS / OPERATORS IN WHICH THEY AGREE THAT FIRST CHOICE WEDDING CARS SHOULD RECIEVE THIS COMMISSION/ADMIN FEE AND THAT IT BE DEDUCTED FROM THE DEPOSIT PAYMENT MADE BY CUSTOMERS AT THE TIME OF BOOKING. WITHIN THE SAID CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT, ALL PRIVATE OWNERS AGREE TO AND ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY OF BOOKINGS AND AGREE THAT FIRST CHOICE WEDDING CARS ARE NOT LIABLE TO REFUND ANY PAYMENTS OR ENTER DISCUSSIONS WITH REGARDS TO AMENDMENTS, CANCELLATIONS, POSTPONENTS, DISPUTES ETC.
NOTE: BY AGREEING TO OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS YOU ALSO AGREE THAT, IF SUPPLIED, IT WILL BE THE INDEPENDENT VEHICLE OWNERS TERMS THAT WILL APPLY ONCE YOUR BOOKING HAS BEEN CONFIRMED. IN THE ABSENCE OF THE VEHICLE OWNERS TERMS BEING SUPPLIED BEFORE THE DEPOSIT IS PAID THEN THE TERMS ON THIS PAGE AS SET OUT FURTHER BELOW WILL APPLY.
NOTE: IF AFTER AGREEING A PRICE FROM FIRST CHOICE WEDDING CARS YOU THEN MAKE THE BOOKING DIRECTLY WITH THE PRIVATE VEHICLE OWNER / OPERATOR INCLUDING PAYING THEM ANY MONIES, THE PRIVATE OWNER / OPERATOR WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPPLYING YOU WITH THEIR OWN TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHICH WOULD APPLY TO YOUR BOOKING. FIRST CHOICE WEDDING CARS MAY REQUEST THAT YOU COMPLETE A BOOKING FORM VIA OUR WEBSITE FOR US TO FORWARD TO THE PRIVATE OWNER / OPERATOR. THE OWNER / OPERATOR WOULD STILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK YOU TO COMPLETE ANY OF THEIR OWN FORMS OR PAPERWORK IF REQUESTED.
IF THE OWNERS TERMS AND CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN MADE AVAILABLE TO THE CUSTOMER PRIOR TO A DEPOSIT BEING PAID THEN THOSE TERMS AND ANY FURTHER LITERATURE SUPPLIED BY THE INDEPENDENT VEHICLE OWNER SHALL APPLY TO THE CUSTOMER AS WELL AS THE TERMS OUTLINED IN SECTION 1 OF THIS PAGE.
TO RE-CONFIRM, AS THE CONTRACT WOULD BE BETWEEN THE CUSTOMER AND PRIVATE VEHICLE OWNER, ALL FUTURE COMMUNICATION INCLUDING ANY AMENDMENTS, POSTPONEMENTS, CANCELLATIONS, DISPUTES ETC SHOULD BE DIRECTLY BETWEEN THE CUSTOMER AND PRIVATE OWNER.
Please note - if you have received the vehicle owners terms & conditions, the deposit amount required may differ from the amount requested by First Choice Wedding cars and the deposit amount can vary from booking to booking. It is the amounted requested by First Choice in your quotation that will apply.
(1) To confirm & secure a booking, an agreed deposit amount will be required. Deposits made to First Choice Wedding Cars are neither refundable under any circumstances nor are they transferable although a private owner may at their discretion transfer your deposit to another vehicle in their fleet subject to availability and at their own discretion. NOTE: The requested deposit may vary to the amount stated on any terms & conditions you are sent with your quote. The deposit amount is subject to change and the terms & conditions may not have been updated accordingly.
(2) The balance of the payment is typically required 30 - 60 days prior to the commencement of hire, to be confirmed by the vehicle owner. No vehicles will be permitted to commence hire until paid for in full unless agreed in advance and in writing by the vehicle owner. If the balance payment has not been made in full by the agreed date and no agreement has been made then please note that any deposits made can be forfeited and the vehicle(s) may be made available for hire to any other potential customers. * Please note that the above may vary subject to the independent vehicle owners' own terms.
(3) Deposit payments are accepted in the form of BACS (online banking) or credit / debit card by phone or online. Funds must be cleared for a booking to be confirmed.
(4) Prices quoted are as per the itinerary as stated on the booking form or as agreed in writing/email between you (the customer) and First Choice. Quotes are based on the information you have provided us with and where possible we shall state the maximum hire period that applies. If any of the itinerary including hours of hire should change after you have booked and made a deposit or full payment then the hire price is subject to change and must be agreed with the independent vehicle owner.
(5) Please note that on the day(s) of hire, additional charges may apply should the agreed itinerary and/or agreed hours of hire not be adhered to. Each independent vehicle owner may have their own additional hourly rate, if this is not made clear prior to the day of the event then please discuss this with the owner. If you have been issued with the independent owners terms then any reference that is made on their terms with regards to overtime / additional charges will come into effect. Any changes to the itinerary that occur between the time of booking and the wedding day may be subject to a price alteration and if so any extra charges incurred must be made in advance. Any changes to the itinerary that are made on the day of the wedding must be agreed and settled with either the driver or actual independent vehicle owner as per their discretion and/or own terms & conditions.
Some examples of instances that may cause extra charges are: extra time caused by deviation from the journey as booked in relation to the booking form (i.e. to another destination for photographs) additional journeys between the venues, parking charges etc.
(6) Please note that we advise you (the customer) to read in full the vehicle owners terms & conditions (if provided).
(6a) Once a booking has been confirmed it will be the actual independent vehicle owners terms & conditions which shall apply from that point onwards including on the day of the event (if provided).
(6b) First Choice will make you (the customer) fully aware of the vehicle owners full contact details, please note that you should use these contact details for any future correspondence in relation to your booking. It is the vehicle owner with whom you shall have a contract with and who shall be fully responsible on the day of your event.
(6c) In the case of the booking of buses & coaches, First Choice Wedding Cars will accept no responsibility whatsoever for any issues that affect access to pick up addresses, churches or venues of any kind. We shall provide the information you give us to the bus / coach operator and it shall be the joint responsibility of the operator and the customer to consider aspects relating to access, suitable routes or anything else that may relate to the journey(s) of the bus or coach.
(6d) First Choice Wedding Cars Ltd can accept no responsibility whatsoever for any circumstances that arise on the day of the wedding and will not in any case be liable for any complaints, claims or demands for the service provided by the independent vehicle owner.
(6e) First Choice Wedding Cars Ltd are only responsible for the co-ordination of the booking on behalf of the vehicle owners and customer and therefore advise the customer to contact the vehicle owner directly not only in the weeks leading to the wedding but also on the day of or after the wedding day in the unlikely event that any issues should arise.
Please be aware of the laws surrounding the legal age where child restraints for children are required when travelling, please see www.childcarseats.org.uk
* Children under the age of 3 years old are not permitted to travel in any vehicle that is not fitted with safety restraints (seat belts). Where restraints are fitted and the children are in the category that requires a car seat or booster seat then these must be used, it is the responsibility of the parent / guardian to communicate this information with the vehicle owner / driver.
First choice wedding cars reserves the right to charge a variable administration fee payable in advance for any amendments made to any secured & confirmed bookings
There may be occasions where the exact specification of a vehicle including the interior colour & design may be different from that shown on our website. This could be due to model upgrades, new vehicles purchased or availability where there is a choice of the same model.
SECTION 2 (booking directly with a private vehicle owner/operator)
For many bookings, clients are asked to complete the booking directly with the private vehicle owner/operator.
This will include deposit and balance payments as well as the completion of any paperwork, forms etc.
The terms & conditions of the private owner/operator would always apply for bookings made directly with them.
The price you will have been quoted will include an administration fee for First Choice Wedding Cars (our fee will be part of the total price quoted to you).
Our admin fee is non refundable under any circumstances and is to cover all reasonable costs involved in organising a booking, i.e.
- Communicating with clients and vehicle owners in relation to a booking enquiry, including unlimited three-way communication (client, owner & First Choice) to the point of confirming a booking (including emails & phone calls) checking availabilities, checking prices, checking that a requested vehicle(s) covers the areas and locations, obtaining additional info from clients including confirmation of dates, timings, addresses etc, exchanging contact information between client and owner.
- Our admin fee is forwarded to us from the vehicle owner for our services as mentioned above. Should a situation arise where a vehicle owner is to provide you with a refund you agree and understand that our admin fee will not be refunded for the reasons as outlined.
- A vehicle owner is responsible for all aspects of a booking and the contract for the booking would be between the client and the owner. Any communication in relation to a booking including amendments, postponements, cancellation etc must be between the client and owner.
SECTION 3 (direct admin fee payments)
For some bookings we may ask you (the client) to pay us (First Choice Wedding Cars) a direct administration fee in order to begin the confirmation process for a booking.
This admin fee is a non refundable fee under any circumstances and is payable by clients for our work in organising a booking covering certain factors as per the below examples:
1. Advertising and marketing of vehicles via our website and social media platforms.
2. Communicating with clients and vehicle owners in relation to a booking enquiry, including: unlimited three way communication (client, owner & First Choice) to the point of confirming a booking, checking availabilities, checking prices, checking that a requested vehicle(s) covers the areas and locations, obtaining additional info from clients including confirmation of dates, timings, addresses etc, general on going emails/phone calls, taking and confirming receipt of the admin fee, exchanging contact information between client and owner.
- Our admin fee is paid to First Choice for our services as mentioned in points 1 and 2 above and has no relation to the booking for a vehicle a client makes with the vehicle owner. A vehicle owner is responsible for all aspects of a booking made directly with them and the contract for the booking would be between the client and the owner. Any communication in relation to a booking including amendments, postponements, cancellation etc must be between the client and owner.
- By paying our admin fee, a client agrees and understands that this fee is non refundable and has been paid for the work undertaken and completed by First Choice Wedding Cars in organising a booking.
If you have not received the terms & conditions of the independent vehicle owner at the time of booking then the owner reserves the right to adopt the terms as set out below. (this is for bookings where First Choice Wedding Cars have taken the deposit).
All deposit payments are non refundable under any circumstances.
Deposits are non - transferable although this may be at the descretion of the private owner.
Balance payments - unless paid in full at the time of booking, all balance payments are payable to the vehicle owner.
Unless agreed with the vehicle owner, the balance should be paid 60 days prior to the hire date. The vehicle owner reserves the right to implement a cut off point for the balance payment at which time if the balance is not received then the vehicle(s) may be made available for hire again to any other proposed customer and you would therefore lose your deposit payment.
Any cancellation must be notified in writing to the vehicle owner. Should the customer cancel the agreement within a certain period of time prior to the day of the wedding / event the customer may be liable for a percentage of the outstanding balance, stated, this can vary subject to the independent owners own terms.
If you have not received the terms & conditions of the independent owner then cancellation charges are as follows: Cancelled between 60 & 30 days prior to the day of the wedding / event = 50% of the balance would be due, cancelled within 30 days of the wedding / event = full balance due.
If your hire exceeds the agreed hire period then you are subject to an overtime charge. If you have not received the terms & conditions of the independent owner then the rate that shall apply is £30.00 per 30 minutes or £60.00 per hour.
First Choice / vehicle owners accept no liability for any unforeseen circumstance whatsoever that make a vehicle unavailable prior to or on the day of an event. This could include mechanical breakdown, punctures, accidents, traffic jams, severe weather conditions including ice or snow or any other eventuality. Should delays occur or hired vehicles become permanently immobilised/unavailable the vehicle owner reserves the right to provide or organise a similar vehicle or alternative method of transport. Failure to do so will result in a full refund of monies paid, thus ending First Choice and the vehicle owners' liability.
First Choice/vehicle owners cannot be held responsible or liable for loss or damage to the customers property, luggage or personal effects howsoever it may be caused.
First Choice/vehicle owners accepts no liability for clothing or any object being marked or dirtied in any way during the duration of the hire.
Customers will be held responsible for any damage to the vehicles howsoever caused by the customer or their guests regardless of cost, including but not restricted to damage such as stains, cigarette burns or fabric damage.
All vehicles are strictly non-smoking.
Vehicle owners / drivers will reserve the right to terminate any and all services to rude and abusive clients. The right is also so reserved to retaining any monies paid.
Under no circumstances is the use of a controlled substance allowed within the motor vehicle. It is agreed that, in the event of disputes over the legality of a substance, the assistance of the local authorities will be immediately requested.
The consumption of alcohol, including Champagne must be agreed in advance with the vehicle owners, vehicle owners do reserve the right not to allow this.
Vehicle owners / drivers reserve the right to refuse to drive into or over any object that may cause damage to the vehicle.
First Choice Wedding Cars Ltd and each independent vehicle owner reserve the right to alter and amend their terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
In case any one or more of the provisions contained in these conditions shall be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect under any law or regulation, such provisions shall be severed from and shall not affect or impair the validity, legality and unenforceable of the remaining provisions thereof.