TERMS & CONDITIONS test
Wedding & Event Transportation Hire - Terms and Conditions
Glossary of terms:
Customer - person(s) responsible for booking/paying for a vehicle and/or persons travelling in a vehicle on the day of the said event.
First choice - First Choice Wedding Cars Ltd.
Vehicle owner - the independent / private owner / operator of any vehicle booked.
FIRST CHOICE WEDDING CARS LTD SPECIALISE IN THE ADVERTISING, MARKETING AND BOOKING OF WEDDING AND EVENT TRANSPORT. THE VEHICLES ON THIS WEBSITE ARE OWNED BY INDEPENDENT VEHICLE OWNERS WHO ARE CONTRACTUALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TRANSPORT SERVICE AS PROVIDED ON YOUR WEDDING/EVENT DAY.
NOTE: BY AGREEING TO OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS YOU ALSO AGREE THAT, IF SUPPLIED, IT WILL BE THE INDEPENDENT VEHICLE OWNERS TERMS THAT WILL APPLY ONCE YOUR BOOKING HAS BEEN CONFIRMED. IN THE ABSENCE OF THE VEHICLE OWNERS TERMS BEING SUPPLIED BEFORE THE DEPOSIT IS PAID THEN THE TERMS ON THIS PAGE AS SET OUT FURTHER BELOW WILL APPLY.
ONCE YOUR DEPOSIT OR FULL PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND THE BOOKING SECURED THEN A CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN THE CUSTOMER AND THE INDEPENDENT OWNER. FIRST CHOICE WEDDINNG CARS ACT ON BEHALF OF THE VEHICLE OWNER , THERE SHALL BE NO CONTRACT IN PLACE UNTIL THE DEPOSIT HAS BEEN PAID.
IF THE OWNERS TERMS AND CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN MADE AVAILABLE TO THE CUSTOMER PRIOR TO A DEPOSIT BEING PAID THEN THOSE TERMS AND ANY FURTHER LITERATURE SUPPLIED BY THE INDEPENDENT VEHICLE OWNER SHALL APPLY TO THE CUSTOMER.
THE OWNER WILL BE IN RECEIPT OF A DEPOSIT PAYMENT FOR THE VEHICLE(S) BOOKED AND WILL HAVE A COPY OF THE BOOKING FORM YOU SUBMITTED. ANY FUTURE COMMUNICATION SHOULD BE DIRECTLY BETWEEN THE CUSTOMER AND THE INDEPENDENT OWNER ALTHOUGH FIRST CHOICE WEDDING CARS WILL RETAIN A COPY OF THE BOOKING AND ANY INITIAL PAYMENT MADE.
Please note - if you have received the vehicle owners terms & conditions, please ignore any information with regards to deposit payments as it is the deposit as collected by First choice wedding cars that shall apply.
(1) To confirm & secure a booking, a minimum deposit of £100.00 per car (unless otherwise agreed) is required. Deposits are neither refundable nor transferable.
(2) The balance of the payment is typically required 30 - 60 days prior to the commencement of hire, to be confirmed by the vehicle owner. No vehicles will be permitted to commence hire until paid for in full unless agreed in advance and in writing by the vehicle owner or First Choice . If the balance payment has not been made in full by 30 days prior to the day of hire and no agreement has been made then please note that any deposits made can be forfeited and the vehicle(s) may be made available for hire to any other potential customers. * Please note that the above may vary subject to the independent vehicle owners' own terms.
(3) Deposit payments are accepted in the form of BACS (online banking) or credit / debit card by phone or online. Funds must be cleared for a booking to be confirmed.
(4) Prices quoted are as per the itinerary as stated on the booking form or as agreed in writing/email between you (the customer) and First Choice. Quotes are based on the information you have provided us with and where possible we shall state the maximum hire period that applies. If any of the itinerary including hours of hire should change after you have booked and made a deposit or full payment then the hire price is subject to change and must be agreed with the independent vehicle owner.
(5) Please note that on the day(s) of hire, additional charges are applicable should the agreed itinerary and/or agreed hours of hire not be adhered to. Each independent vehicle owner may have their own additional hourly rate, if this is not made clear prior to the day of the event then please discuss this with the owner. If you have been issued with the independent owners terms then any reference that is made on their terms with regards to overtime / additional charges will come into effect. Any changes to the itinerary that occur between the time of booking and the wedding day may be subject to a price alteration and if so any extra charges incurred must be made in advance. Any changes to the itinerary that are made on the day of the wedding must be agreed and settled with either the driver or actual independent vehicle owner as per their discretion and/or own terms & conditions.
Some examples of instances that may cause extra charges are: extra time caused by deviation from the journey as booked in relation to the booking form (i.e. to another destination for photographs) additional journeys between the venues, parking charges etc.
(6) Please note that we advise you (the customer) to read in full the vehicle owners terms & conditions (if provided).
(6a) Once a booking has been confirmed it will be the actual independent vehicle owners terms & conditions which shall apply from that point onwards including on the day of the event.
(6b) First Choice will make you (the customer) fully aware of the vehicle owners full contact details, please note that you should use these contact details for any future correspondence in relation to your booking. It is the vehicle owner with whom you shall have a contract with and who shall be fully responsible on the day of your event.
(6c) In the case of the booking of buses & coaches, First Choice Wedding Cars will accept no responsibility whatsoever for any issues that affect access to pick up addresses, churches or venues of any kind. We shall provide the information you give us to the bus / coach operator and it shall be the joint responsibility of the operator and the customer to consider aspects relating to access, suitable routes or anything else that may relate to the journey(s) of the bus or coach.
(6d) First Choice Wedding Cars Ltd can accept no responsibility whatsoever for any circumstances that arise on the day of the wedding and will not in any case be liable for any complaints, claims or demands for the service provided by the independent vehicle owner.
(6e) First Choice Wedding Cars Ltd are only responsible for the co-ordination of the booking on behalf of the vehicle owners and customer and therefore advise the customer to contact the vehicle owner directly not only in the weeks leading to the wedding but also on the day of or after the wedding day in the unlikely event that any issues should arise.
Please be aware of the laws surrounding the legal age where child restraints for children are required when travelling, please see www.childcarseats.org.uk
* Children under the age of 3 years old are not permitted to travel in any vehicle that is not fitted with safety restraints (seat belts). Where restraints are fitted and the children are in the category that requires a car seat or booster seat then these must be used, it is the responsibility of the parent / guardian to communicate this information with the vehicle owner / driver.
First choice wedding cars reserves the right to charge a variable administration fee payable in advance for any amendments made to any secured & confirmed bookings
There may be occasions where the exact specification of a vehicle including the interior colour & design may be different from that shown on our website. This could be due to model upgrades, new vehicles purchased or availability where there is a choice of the same model.
The following terms apply to the booking of any vehicle made via First Choice Wedding Cars *
* If you have not received the terms & conditions of the independent vehicle owner at the time of booking then the owner reserves the right to adopt the terms as set out below.
All deposit payments are (a)non refundable and (b)non transferable although item (b) is at the discretion of the owner.
Balance payments - unless paid in full at the time of booking, all balance payments are payable to the vehicle owner.
Unless agreed with the vehicle owner, the balance should be paid 60 days prior to the hire date. The vehicle owner reserves the right to implement a cut off point for the balance payment at which time if the balance is not received then the vehicle(s) may be made available for hire again to any other proposed customer and you would therefore lose your deposit payment.
Any cancellation must be notified in writing to the vehicle owner. Should the customer cancel the agreement within a certain period of time prior to the day of the wedding / event the customer may be liable for a percentage of the outstanding balance, stated, this can vary subject to the independent owners own terms.
If you have not received the terms & conditions of the independent owner then cancellation charges are as follows: Cancelled between 60 & 30 days prior to the day of the wedding / event = 50% of the balance would be due, cancelled within 30 days of the wedding / event = full balance due.
If your hire exceeds the agreed hire period then you are subject to an overtime charge. If you have not received the terms & conditions of the independent owner then the rate that shall apply is £30.00 per 30 minutes or £60.00 per hour.
First Choice / vehicle owners accept no liability for any unforeseen circumstance whatsoever that make a vehicle unavailable prior to or on the day of an event. This could include mechanical breakdown, punctures, accidents, traffic jams, severe weather conditions including ice or snow or any other eventuality. Should delays occur or hired vehicles become permanently immobilised/unavailable the vehicle owner reserves the right to provide or organise a similar vehicle or alternative method of transport. Failure to do so will result in a full refund of monies paid, thus ending First Choice and the vehicle owners' liability.
First Choice/vehicle owners cannot be held responsible or liable for loss or damage to the customers property, luggage or personal effects howsoever it may be caused.
First Choice/vehicle owners accepts no liability for clothing or any object being marked or dirtied in any way during the duration of the hire.
Customers will be held responsible for any damage to the vehicles howsoever caused by the customer or their guests regardless of cost, including but not restricted to damage such as stains, cigarette burns or fabric damage.
All vehicles are strictly non-smoking.
Vehicle owners / drivers will reserve the right to terminate any and all services to rude and abusive clients. The right is also so reserved to retaining any monies paid.
Under no circumstances is the use of a controlled substance allowed within the motor vehicle. It is agreed that, in the event of disputes over the legality of a substance, the assistance of the local authorities will be immediately requested.
The consumption of alcohol, including Champagne must be agreed in advance with the vehicle owners, vehicle owners do reserve the right not to allow this.
Vehicle owners / drivers reserve the right to refuse to drive into or over any object that may cause damage to the vehicle.
First Choice Wedding Cars Ltd and each independent vehicle owner reserve the right to alter and amend their terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
In case any one or more of the provisions contained in these conditions shall be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect under any law or regulation, such provisions shall be severed from and shall not affect or impair the validity, legality and unenforceable of the remaining provisions thereof.